AllSync Service ToolAllSync Service Tool enables you to run AllSync Scheduler as a Windows service. The advantage of this is tasks can be run according to schedule when no user is logged in to the system.
Important Information and Tips:
- AllSync Service Tool and AllSync Scheduler needn't be started in order for the service to run the specified tasks.
- The service can't be started as long as AllSync Scheduler is activated.
- If you get error 1069 when starting the service, refer to here (Microsoft website).
- The service can't access drive letters with linked network shares unless the user of the user account used to install the AllSync Scheduler service via AllSync Service Tool is logged in to the system. Otherwise use the direct UNC path to the network shares.
- Changes to the task list or AllSync Scheduler options are automatically taken over from the service every 5 seconds.
- The user account must enable access to the specified storage location of the AllSync application data.
- When uninstalling the service it may be internally flagged by Windows as "uninstalled", meaning it can't be directly uninstalled by the system. In this case, simply reboot your computer so that the service is completely uninstalled.
StatusThis tab shows you whether the service is started and which task is currently being run by the service.
ServiceShows you whether the service is started or stopped. The service can be started or stopped using the corresponding command buttons. Furthermore, the current used TCP port and the last connection with the service will be displayed.
TaskShows you which task is currently being run by the service. A running task can be stopped using the corresponding command button. The log pane below shows information in real-time about the task started by the service.
SetupHere you can install the AllSync Scheduler as a windows service.
Startup ModeHere you can specify the startup mode of the service:
AutomaticThe service is automatically started when booting the computer.
ManualThe service has to be started manually by the user.
DeactivatedThe service is deactivated.
LicenseHere you can select which AllSync license is to be used for the service. This setting may be needed on a multi-user system featuring several installed AllSync licenses.
Log in as:Here you can specify which account is to be used when installing the Scheduler service:
Local system accountThe local Windows system account has no access to network resources and can consequently only be used for local copy tasks.
User accountThe service has to be installed using the user account enabling access to the network shares used in the profiles. In a domain the name of the domain has to be additionally entered before the user account: "domain\user account".
Make sure that the user account indicated by you is assigned the
Log on as a serviceright so that the service can be started. This right is normally automatically assigned when installing the service and can also be assigned manually: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment.
Start the Service Tool automatically after user loginWith this option, the service tool is automatically started and minimized after the user has logged on.
Save window position and size on exitThis option causes the window position of AllSync Service Tool to be saved upon exiting and restored the next time AllSync Service Tool is started.
Display as icon on taskbar when minimizedWith this option, the minimized window of the service tool is only displayed as an icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar.
Display a notification in the Windows notification area for the following eventsYou can use this options to specify that a notification is displayed in the notification area of the Windows taskbar for the following events:
- Task Start
- Task End
- If an error occurs
Wrap lines in log paneThis causes lines extending beyond the right edge of your screen to be wrapped.
Maximum number of lines in log paneThis option enables you to specify the maximum number of lines in the log pane on the
Statustab and thus minimize memory consumption.