Consecutive Partial (Differential) BackupThe following instructions explain which settings are needed in the Profile Properties for a differential partial backup.
1. ProfileCreate a new profile. If the Profile Wizard opens, exit it by clicking on
2. Copy modeSelect Backup copy mode.
3. Copy rulesIn the left menu select Copy Rules. Activate the copy rule Copy only files with the 'Archive' attribute.
4. Backup optionsIn the left menu below Copy Modes, select Backup Options. Activate the option Create backup folder at destination.
- The option Generations of backups to be created enables you to additionally specify the total number of consecutive backups.
- In the left menu below Copy Modes, select Compression.
Compress filescauses the files to be backed up into a single ZIP file.
5. Source and destination foldersIn the left menu select Folders.
- In the source folder list add the folder containing the data to be backed up.
- In the destination folder list add the folder in which the consecutive backup folder is to be created.
6. Saving your settingsYou have now completed all the requisite settings. Conclude by clicking on
OK. Now you can create a copy preview of the profile and examine the results of the settings you have made.